Just wanted to throw this in here real quick while the election ( and all the fear it brings) is still so fresh in our thoughts. I received the following in an email:
I recently saw an article written by Wyman Richardson, the pastor of First Baptist Church in Dawson, Georgia. Below is an abbreviated version of that article.
The Day After The Election, regardless of who wins….
* Jesus will still be King.
* Our responsibilities as Christians will not have changed one iota.
* The greatest agent for social change in America will still be winning the hearts and minds of men and women through the gospel, not legislation.
* My primary citizenship will still be in this order –(1) Kingdom of God, (2) America, not vice-versa.
* The tomb will still be empty.
* The cross, not the government, will still be our salvation.
* Our children will still be more concerned with whether or not we spend time with them than with who is President.
* My neighbor will still be my neighbor, and loving him/her will still be the second greatest commandment.
* The only way to see abortion ultimately overturned will still be winning men and women to a high view of life through the gospel of Christ.
* The only way to see gay marriage ultimately defeated will still be winning men and women to a biblical view of marriage through the gospel of Jesus Christ.
* My retirement will still not match my treasure in Heaven.
* “Jesus is Lord” will still be the greatest truth in the Universe.
* We will still know that God is in control.