Kimberli Renee Campbell, The Sword of Light
I am very honored to have first time author Kimberli Renee Campbell joining us during this week on the Christian Author tour. Don’t let the ‘first time’ title fool you, she’s been writing for quite some time and has an amazing talent as well as a contagious character.
- Katrina: Thank you much for being here. I am very excited to finally be able to sit down and chat with you. Wish we were chatting over a big cup of hot coffee on a front porch somewhere. Tell our readers a little about yourself and your family.
- Kimberli: I’m 44-years-old. I enjoy walking, sleeping (you’ll understand this later in the interview), and dancing. At 39, I took hip hop, ballet, and tap. I did the whole recital thing. The Lord has blessed me with a wonderful husband and two precious sons. We live in Nebraska.
- Katrina: Wow! Dancing… recital and all? I’m very impressed. What is a typical evening like in your home?
- Kimberli: After a day of playing and watching Monster Jam with our two and a half year old, we eat dinner, talk, and then I’m back to playing Monster Jam. (I slip in housecleaning and writing.)
- Katrina: How do you juggle your demands of a family, especially a two year old, with your writing career?
- Kimberli: When our oldest son (15-years-old) was younger, he allowed me to write. He would play in my office. I remember him sitting behind me on my chair and playing with his action figures. He’d use my hair (it was longer) as a trap. Our youngest needs a little more hands on play, so we have a little routine. My husband is supportive and offers to watch Alex so I can write.
- Katrina: Sounds like your family is very supportive. How do you unwind and take time for yourself? As moms, we tend to forget about that part.
- Kimberli: I get to unwind when I’m sleeping or right after Alex falls asleep, which is around 1:30/2:00 in the morning. I know it’s late, but he’ll outgrow it. Our oldest did.
- Katrina: Where is your favorite place to write?
- Kimberli: My favorite place to write is in my car. (When I am parked)
- Katrina: Well, thank goodness you’re parked. Who has impacted your writing the most?
- Kimberli: Jesus has impacted my life the most, for all He’s done and continues to do.
- Katrina: Thanks so much for taking the time to be here with us. On Wednesday, we’ll dive a little deeper into the details of The Sword of Light as well as your relationship with the Lord and what your plans are for the future.
As for the readers…if you have a question you’d like to ask Kimberli Renee Campbell, please do so in the comments section. Kimberli will be checking in to answer your questions and you never know…you might just be the one to win an autographed copy of her brand new release The Sword of Light.